- Be a West Virginia resident
- Be pursuing an RN (ADN, BSN, participating in a transitioning from LPN to RN) or LPN at time of application
- Be in good academic standing
- Be at least 50% complete with his/her nursing curriculum
- Agree to a Continued Employment Commitment: after completion of your academic program. Each program will have its own specified work commitment.
Failure to meet the criteria will jeopardize funding. It is the applicant’s duty to stay current with any additional criteria put forth by the Board of Directors or mandated by state legislature for the scholarship programs, especially those applicants who intend to apply over the course of multiple semesters/years. Check back to the Center for Nursing’s Scholarship Page each time you intend to apply to ensure your information is up to date.
Scholarship Award Amounts and Info
LPN students will be awarded up to $3000. RN, ADN and BSN students will be awarded up to $7500 per academic year.
How to Apply
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Session: March 1
- Download the Center for Nursing Scholarship Application Packet.
- Fill out the application.
- Sign the page stating all application information is correct.
- Submit the application to the address provided below.
- Supplementary forms are included in your application packet that must be completed to be eligible:
- Certificate of Education Status
- Recommendation Form
- Fill out supplementary forms with any necessary applicant info. Submit to Dean, Program Director or other appropriate office at your school. Request that they complete the forms and mail to the address provided below. Applicants may not mail the forms to the Center for Nursing.
- Request that your school registrar mails an official, sealed transcript to the Center for Nursing at the address provided below.
Application and all associated paperwork must be sent to:
WV Center for Nursing Scholarship Program
1018 Kanawha Blvd E, Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
You will be notified by letter about the status of your scholarship: a letter of award or a letter of rejection will be sent from the Center for Nursing. Those receiving scholarships will be sent a promissory note to complete. You must complete promissory note in order to receive the award.
Please contact Center for Nursing’s Chris Ross at (304) 558 - 0838 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the scholarship programs.